A point-of-sale message promotion governs the messaging that is contained within point-of-sale portal-related web services. In addition to member targeting, specific locations can also be targeted for eligibility. This message can then be displayed on applicable receipts by the point-of-sale vendor.
First, select the appropriate program in the dropdown above the grid, then click the "Add Point-Of-Sale Message Promotion" link to add a new promotion. Alternately, clicking the "Edit" link within the grid will allow for modification of the promotion on the followup page.
Once on the management page, enter information in the first two text boxes, which represent the internal name and description.
- Active Date Range - The selected date range will automatically govern the date span in which the message will be included within relevant transactions.
- Display Option - The amount of times per member that the promotion will display.
- Point-Of-Sale Message Preferred Print Order - In the event that a session qualifies for multiple messages, the software will attempt to place them in the preferred ordering.
- Location Descriptor - Only locations with the specified descriptor assigned will qualify for the message. Alternately, there is a selection to include all locations.
- Line Length - The number of characters that fit on a line within the receipt. After the amount of characters entered (and subsequent multiples), a line break will be inserted in the text. Continuous text will not be interrupted for a line break. Instead, the line break will be inserted after the prior break in text.
- Message Option - If checked, the promotion will check location messages and if found, they will override this message promotion.
The message textbox defines the message that will be delivered via this promotion. Dynamic content is also available via the "Dynamic Place Holders" dropdown. After selecting the appropriate parameter, it can be added to the message by clicking the "Add Selected Place Holder to Message" link.
After the message is appropriately configured, specify the eligible members using the eligible member tree. Members need only have an association with one of the checked selections to qualify.
Click the "Save" button to finalize changes. At this point, the promotion will be active for the specified date range.
The promotion will disable automatically after the date range has passed. To forcibly disable a point-of-sale message promotion, alter the end date and change to a previous date. This can be performed from the management page, which can be accessed by clicking the "Edit" link for the appropriate promotion.