A point-of-sale coupon promotion governs the availability of coupons within the point-of-sale portal. Upon a member activating a session at the point-of-sale portal, any active point-of-sale coupon promotions will be checked for relevance and the appropriate coupons will be available for selection if the member is eligible.
Main Article: Coupon
Each point-of-sale coupon promotion can manage one coupon per point-of-sale category. However, only one coupon is necessary.
To create a new point-of-sale coupon promotion, click the "Add Point-Of-Sale Coupon Promotion" link on the aforementioned system page. Furthermore, an existing point-of-sale coupon promotion may be modified by clicking "Edit" within the grid for the associated promotion. Modifying an existing promotion does not affect coupons that have already been issued. An unused point-of-sale coupon promotion can also be deleted from the edit page.
The following parameters are configurable via the promotion management page:
- Active Date Range - The promotion will only be eligible to issue coupons within the specified date range.
- Promotion Type - Sets the limitation on how often a member can receive a coupon via this promotion.
- Enable Promotion on Portal - If checked, the coupon(s) can be accessed via the customer web portal using the "coupon offers" module type.
- Location Descriptor - Only locations associated with the specified location descriptor will be eligible. This is optional, as "Valid For All Locations" can be selected to include all locations.
- Promotion Issue Limit - Enforces the total limit of coupons issued based on the promotion type period selected above.
- Point-Of-Sale Category / Coupon Binding - Locations assigned to each category can have their own coupon selection, or none at all.
- Eligible Members - Check the appropriate club(s) and/or segment(s) to specify eligible members. Members only need to be in one of the selected.
After saving the promotion, it is active and able to issue coupons within the specified date range.
To disable a point-of-sale coupon promotion prematurely, either alter the ending date range to a prior date, or unselect all eligible member checkboxes. For reference, record all original parameters in the promotion description before saving.
Click "Stats" next to the associated promotion within the grid to view related statistics.