An instant winner promotion governs random or fixed frequency issuance of internal rewards via the SBLP Kiosk Application. Upon a member swiping at the kiosk, any instant winner promotions will be checked and any related rewards will be automatically printed if the member is eligible and the kiosk is configured to issue rewards pending delivery. Real-time grouping can't be used to guarantee prioritization or to prevent members from receiving more than one instant winner from multiple promotions in the same swipe.
Main Article: Internal Reward
Each instant winner promotion can manage up to five internal rewards, issuing one at random to an eligible member. However, only one internal reward is necessary.
To create a new instant winner promotion, click the "Add Instant Winner Promotion" link on the aforementioned system page. Furthermore, an existing instant winner promotion may be modified by clicking "Edit" within the grid for the associated promotion. Modifying an existing promotion does not affect internal rewards that have already been issued. An unused instant winner promotion can also be deleted from the edit page.
The following parameters are configurable via the promotion management page:
- Instant Winner Promotion Status - Checking this will archive the promotion, rendering it unable to issue rewards. This option is necessary to disable irrelevant promotions and can also be used to create promotions ahead of time without having it issue rewards.
- Instant Winner Type - Specifies whether rewards should be issued on a daily or event-basis. An active event-based promotion can issue rewards whenever any event is active.
- Max Winners - The amount of winners per day, or per event (dependent on the previous option selection).
- Past Winners - If checked, a member can only receive a reward from this promotion once.
- Instant Winner Selection Type - Specifies whether or not the promotion will issue rewards at random, or for every X player that attempts (within the day or event). See the "Odds of Winning" sub-heading for more details on the random option.
- Location Descriptor - Only kiosks associated with the specified location descriptor will be eligible. This is optional, as "Valid For All Locations" can be selected to include all locations.
- Rewards #1-5 - The reward(s) entered will be issued to eligible members. If more than one is entered, than the member will receive one at random. The randomness of the rewards is weighted equally.
- Eligible Members - Check the appropriate club(s) and/or segment(s) to specify eligible members. Members only need to be in one of the selected.
After saving the promotion, it is active and able to issue coupons unless the "archive" option was checked.
For an odds-based promotion, it is recommended to get a rough idea of the expected admissions per day or event (depending on the promotion type).
If you desire 1 winner for the promotion, in addition to setting "Max Winners" option to 1, it would be advisable to use an odds value of "1 in" slightly more than half of the attendance figure. This way, the chance of meeting your maximum winner value is greater, but the promotion is not too aggressive.
A good formula to use would be "1 in" ((Unique Admissions/Max Winners) / 1.6).
Example #1: If you want 1 winner for a day-based instant winner promotion, and the daily kiosk attendance is 40, a desirable odds setting would be 1 in 25.
Example #2: If you want 3 winners for an event-based instant winner promotion, and the daily kiosk attendance is expected to be 425, a desirable odds setting would be 1 in 89.
Example #3: If you want 1 winner for an event-based instant winner promotion, and the daily kiosk attendance is expected to be 1800, a desirable odds setting would be 1 in 1125.
Example #4: If you want 10 winners for an event-based instant winner promotion, and the daily kiosk attendance is expected to be 500, a desirable odds setting would be 1 in 31.
If you do not require that your max winner value be met, you can use wider odds to ensure that the random winners happen more sporadically.
To disable an instant winner promotion, edit the promotion, check the "Instant Winner Promotion Status" checkbox, then save the promotion.
Click "Stats" next to the associated promotion within the grid to view related statistics.